Having a career objective is a very crucial part of a resume. It helps one to clearly describe his/her motive for the job. Most employers keenly pay attention to this statement so that they can evaluate if your goals are in line with the company or organization’s goal and also the position in question, taking your time while designing your resume objective is very important. A clearly defined career objective will convey skills, training and experiences that you will bring to a certain organization if you are given the chance.
Also Check out:
- Modern and professional resume templates that recruiters would be interested in
- How to write a good resume: Complete Guide
It is very important that your resume has a clearly defined career goal. This is not necessarily conveyed in the objective section though majority of job seekers are incorporating their career goals into qualification summary. e.g. Talented and dependable financial analyst, skilled in all aspect of capital management within a competitive business environment.
This summary has re-laid his key qualification while also his introductory line has clearly recognized his goal. Those who are in a steady career, when they incorporate their objective into summary clearly sends the message ‘this is who I am’ compared to ‘this is who I’d like to be”
For career changer and those on an-entry level, they should consider incorporating objectives into their resume. This is because their work history cannot clearly indicate their goals. When targeting a particular position; you should add a formal resume objective statement and reference the job opening. The human resource will see that you took time to fully customize your resume.
Writing resume objective can be tricky especially if you are applying for your first job. Here we have shown a variety of resume objective statement examples to help you gain the right idea. This examples have been created using tips which are essential for writing your own objective statement.
Some of these tips and resume objective examples include the following:
1. Focus on how you will benefit the organization or how the employer would benefit from you. You should always stay away from resume objectives which state your working preferences such as: seeking for a team oriented environment.
Example of some of the focused resume objective statements :
- To excel in my field through research, hard work, endurance and skill, to serve my company to the best of my ability.
- My goals is to be associated with a company,which gives me the opportunity to utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the company’s reputation and productivity.
- Seeking a fulfilling position as a manager, that offer growth opportunity and allows me to utilize my experience and skills.
- To acquire a challenging career with a solid company utilizing the opportunity to offer proven and developing skill to aid in the growth of the company.
- To acquire a challenging position where I can best utilize my education and skill.
2. Don’t be vague. Avoid statements which say nothing about your career.e.g. seeking a challenging position with potential for advancement.
Some of the objective statement examples which you can consider as a sample:
- I am seeking a position in the financial market focusing on company books review, sheets preparation and profit management.
- I want to share my high levels of skills and experience on most machines and work on electronics or automobile.
- I am seeking a position with an established company where I can maximize my program development and training skills.
- I am looking for a position in marketing where I can use my skills and experience in social media and SEO to increase site traffic and propel the company’s growth.
- Seeking a position as a clinical practice using my skills in research and leadership.
3. Keep it concise and targeted. Make it easier for hiring manager by keeping your objective short and to the point.
Resume objective statement examples :
- I am seeking a position as a project manager for an internet company
- I am seeking a position as a sales associate with a fast growing company.
- I want to obtain a position as a program director within a children education setting.
- I want to be part of the success in an environment of excellence and growth
- I want to excel in this field with hard work, dedication and endure
These are some of the common tips and examples which will aid you as you come up with your resume objective of your own. There are mainly two types of resume objectives. Some include resume objectives which are specific to the job and some are not specific, more generic. Resume objective specific to a job is mostly used by people in a certain career who have specialized in a that field. They have no desire of diversifying. Use of job specific resume objective will only be targeting the job which you have indicated in the statement. The hiring manager will not consider you for any other available job. Use of open resume objectives are mainly used by people who have not specialized much and are open to the idea of being hired for other related jobs.
Example of job specific resume objective : I am seeking a sales associate position with a fast growing company.
Example of open resume statement objective : I am seeking a company where I can use my experience and education to help the company meet and surpass its set goals.
Job seekers who have no experience with resume objective should keenly read through a variety of resume objective examples. The objective for resume examples are to basically equip you with the right knowledge to write resume objectives in the right manner. Sometimes Resume objective can seem like a small statement but it has a very big message to convey. This objective for resume should be keenly adhered to. Some people just copy a resume objective and paste it into their resume. This may not be well tailored and also the exact same resume objective could have been used by a couple of other job candidates in the same organization. This could alter your chance of getting employed in that company. Since they will clearly see your level of creativity at a lower point.
1) Video on youtube by InterviewMastermind “3 Tips: How To Write A Resume Objective That Sells”
2) Some Strangest Resume Reference Example.
Found something wrong? Have a suggestion to add? Let us know!