If you didn’t know yet, Facebook has added Impressum field feature for its business/other pages. To create an “Impressum” is a must by law in some countries – for example Germany, Switzerland, Austria etc. If you are not required by law to create an Impressum, its still a very good and useful tool to create an info page about your business, company or brand.
# What is the meaning of word “Impressum”
The word “Impressum” is from Latin “impressum” – which generally means pressed in, the impressed, impression or engraved. Impressum is a term given to a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document, which must be included in books, newspapers, magazines. (Source)
An Impressum page is something like your website’s “About us” or “Terms and conditions” pages. Please note that you should write an Impressum according to your local law (If there are any specifics).
# What is Impressum on Facebook?
To enable businesses to create a statement of ownership on their web presence, Facebook introduced this nice and handy option. If in your country it’s required by law to create an Impressum, go ahead and create one with this extremely easy to use tool provided by Facebook. If you are not required to do so, still you can use it to provide your readers/fans further detail and technical legal info about your business/website or brand.
# How can i add an Impressum to my Facebook page?
Adding Impressum to your page is really a very simple process.
1) Login to your account and go to your Facebook page.
2) Click on “About” section, it’s just below your Facebook page’s cover picture.
3) In about section, you will find all the page info section and editing options for your Facebook pages. You can find the edit option for Impressum just about in the middle of the page, after the Short Description option and before the Company Overview option. It says “Input Impressum for your Page”.
4) Click to edit and write or copy paste your Impressum text in the field. Please note that there is a limit of characters you can have in your Impressum, it’s 2000 characters.
** You will see that facebook shows a little text about what Impressum is, the text goes something like this:
“This is an optional field. In certain countries, such as Austria, Germany and Switzerland, businesses may be required by law to include a statement of ownership on their web presence. The limit is 2,000 characters.”
Check out the Impressum example image below:
# What should be included in your Facebook Impressum Page?
Well, there are perhaps no single solid method, but you can add these info on your Impressum page along with other required/needed information.
- Address of your business/organization.
- Links to your website’s About us/TOS/Impressum or other legal pages.
- The registration and License number of your organization/business.
- Phone number, email address or other genuine contact info of Manager/Authority/Related persons.
- Basic information about owner or manager of the organization/business/page.
People who visits your facebook page will be able to see/read these info once they click on the ‘About’ link, which is below your Facebook Page’s profile.
# Some More Detailed Discussion on Impressum:
- Do you need an Impressum page?
Yes, you do if your website is a commercial website in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. These places require that you have one. Also in these places you should have impressum page for your business/websites social media pages.
- Can you show me some famous page’s Impressum Example?
Yes! Here, I am listing some great example of Impressum from famous facebook pages of People as well as brands around the world:
# Real Examples of Facebook Impressum:
1) This one taken from BMW – Germany based automobile company:
2) From Porsche’s fb page – a German automobile manufacturer:
You will come to see some fb pages don’t write a detailed Impressum, rather they simply include a link to an already published one on their official website. For example:
1) This example is taken from world famous football player Mesut Özil’s page:
2) This one is from international oil and gas company OMV, headquartered in Vienna, Austria :
#Some other similar terms:
Informative legend about the publisher (name, year and place of publication) which must appear on most printed matter such as books and periodicals. It is usually printed in a concise form at the foot, and in the detailed form on the verso, of the title page of the publication. Sometimes it is printed on the last page of text. See also colophon.
Masthead is mainly used in magazines and newspapers, kind of a printed list of address details, departments, owners and officers. It’s also known as “Imprint” in British English usage.
Colophon is a little statement which contains info related to publication of a book, info such as the time of publication, name of the publisher etc.
# Some Online Impressum Generator Sites:
Also check out these Facebook page resources:
Hope this helps, if you think there is more important info needs to be added here, please let me know.