If you didn’t know yet, Facebook has recently added Impressum field feature for its business/other pages. To create an “Impressum” is a must by law in some countries – for example Germany, Switzerland, Austria etc. If you are not required by law to create an Impressum, its still a very good and useful tool to create an info page about your business, company or brand.
# What is the meaning of word “Impressum”
The word “Impressum” is from Latin “impressum” – which generally means pressed in, the impressed, impression or engraved. Impressum is a term given to a legally mandated statement of the ownership and authorship of a document, which must be included in books, newspapers, magazines. (Source)
An Impressum page is something like your website’s “About us” or “Terms and conditions” pages. Please note that you should write an Impressum according to your local law (If there are any specifics).
Also check out these Facebook page resources:
# What is Impressum on Facebook?
To enable businesses to create a statement of ownership on their web presence, Facebook introduced this nice and handy option. If in your country it’s required by law to create an Impressum, go ahead and create one with this extremely easy to use tool provided by Facebook. If you are not required to do so, still you can use it to provide your readers/fans further detail and technical legal info about your business/website or brand.
# How can i add an Impressum to my Facebook page?
Adding Impressum to your page is really a very simple process.
1) Login to your account and go to your Facebook page.
2) Click on “About” section, it’s just below your Facebook page’s cover picture.
3) In about section, you will find all the page info section and editing options for your Facebook pages. You can find the edit option for Impressum just about in the middle of the page, after the Short Description option and before the Company Overview option. It says “Input Impressum for your Page”.
4) Click to edit and write or copy paste your Impressum text in the field. Please note that there is a limit of characters you can have in your Impressum, it’s 2000 characters.
Check out the Impressum example image below:
# What should be included in your Facebook Impressum Page?
Well, there are perhaps no single solid method, but you can add these info on your Impressum page along with other required/needed information.
- Address of your business/organization.
- Links to your website’s About us/TOS/Impressum or other legal pages.
- The registration and License number of your organization/business.
- Phone number, email address or other genuine contact info of Manager/Authority/Related persons.
- Basic information about owner or manager of the organization/business/page.
Hope this helps, if you think there is more important info needs to be added here, please let me know.
# Some Online Impressum Generator Sites: